Lemon Thumbprint Cookies are super easy and great for getting kids in the kitchen.
Some of my favorite memories growing up are from helping my mom bake several kinds of cookies to give as gifts. When I heard that the Sunday Supper Movement was hosting a cookielicious virtual holiday cookie exchange I knew I wanted to participate.
My favorite desserts are usually lemon based and these lemon thumbprint cookies are a great way to indulge my love of lemon. One of the best things about this recipe is it is oven ready in no time once the butter is softened.
I adapted my butter cookie recipe because it is easy and doesn’t require a mixer. I used homemade lemon curd but you can always use your favorite store bought brand.
Lemon Thumbprint Cookies #Cookielicious
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 12 minutes Total Time 27 minutes Servings 12 Author Micha @ Cookin’ Mimi
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup flour
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, and salt
- Add the softened butter and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon until well coined
- Drop rounded Tablespoons of dough on a cookie sheet
- Press flat and make an indentation with your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and just brown around the edges
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks
- Fill the cookies with lemon curd and store covered in the refrigerator