Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a great way to keep your kitchen cool during the hot weather. Pasta, cubes of cooked chicken, chopped bacon, two kinds of cheese and other bits o’ deliciousness are combined with ranch dressing and chilled before serving.
Today the #SundaySupper bloggers are bringing you foods served cold. I don’t know what the weather is like where you live but I can tell you that Alabama is HOT this time of year. Not only is it in the 90s most days it’s usually humid which makes it worse because it feels as if a heavy blanket of air is wrapped around you all the dang time.
Seriously folks the only way you should be able to feel air is because of wind.
Anyhoo, my recipe does involve cooking but it’s all on the stove top and since it’s best served cold the Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a great make ahead dinner. Perfect for busy families.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad #SundaySupper
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 5 hours Author Micha M
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 slices bacon crisply cooked and chopped
- 1 pound short cut pasta such as radiatore or shells
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 small can sliced olives drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 medium red onion quartered and thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise and 1 cup of the ranch dressing
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, chicken, bacon, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, olives, onion, and corn.
- Drizzle the mayo and ranch dressing over the top and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Toss with up to 1 cup of ranch dressing if desired before serving.